It’s been a slower couple of weeks now that NAB has finished, but we catch up on a few developments that didn’t get a much coverage as the big announcements. We also have a more detailed discussion on the Zoom H6 audio recorder.
- 30 minute recording limit removed
- Reverse engineered the “Play Memories” app
- SHOULD work on the A7S, A7R II & IIs, as well as the A6300 and RX bodies
- Early alpha, not confirmed working on all bodies. Proceed with caution. (Possible overheating issues?)
- 16 gen-locked cameras
- Designed to work filming objects close to the camera
- News may be a good use of immersive video?
- “Cases survived the same stress tests as their bulkier predecessors”
- 6 new case sizes
- Thinner walls, hollowed latches and handles, but still as strong.
- New divider system – Rigid, soft plastic dividers can be sliced with a special tool and then held together with metal clips.
Dropbox Project Infinite will show all your cloud files in the Finder … without taking up any local space
- Shows all files so you can see what’s available and keep folder structure
- On demand download. Familiar green tick for downloaded, cloud icon for not.
- Great for smaller HDDs.
- Manual download for when you know you’ll be offline
- A more granular “selective sync”
- At this time targeted at business users, may come to other accounts.
- Ikan, popular for their wide variety of budget-conscious filmmaking hardware, shows off several one-handed gimbals designed for anything from a smartphone to a DSLR.
- The Fly-X3-Plus ($329) – Phones
- The 3-Axis GoPro stabilizer ($330) pre-balanced for specific GoPros + 5-way joystick
- The MS1 – Mirrorless: Holds up to 800 grams
- The Beholder DS1: Supports up to 1.6 KG DSLR.